Subject: (urth) Another voice heard from...

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <ddanehy at siebel.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 00:17:49 +0000

Just digging out from under almost two weeks' worth of emails, and=20
fascinated by all that's gone on on this list ... it occurred to
me that the Blushas debate has been going on for much longer than
anyone realized. Way back in the '70s, David Bowie registered his
opinion:

    Planet Urth is Blue,
    and there's nothing I can do...

--a rapidly scuttling Blattid

--

---

From: Nigel Price <nigel.a.price at virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 11:05:54 +0000

Hey, Blattid!

I shouldn't really be proud of this, but I've already made that David Bowie
joke on the list back in April 2002. See...

http://www.urth.net/urth/archives/v0204/636.txt.shtml

BTW, has anyone got a copy of the 12" remix where he changes the words to
"Planet Urth is Green"? No, I didn't think so!

Nigel

--

---

From: Joe Cilluffo <cilluff1 at optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 13:51:47 +0000

Either way it is an excellent joke.

BTW, I read an article that quoted Tony Visconti, Bowie's longtime producer,
as furiously screaming during the sessions "no, no NO, Planet Urth is
Green!"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nigel Price" <nigel.a.price at virgin.net>
To: <urth at urth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 6:05 AM
Subject: RE: (urth) Another voice heard from...

--