Subject: (urth) A picture of Seawrack

From: Andrew Bollen <abollen at internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:36:36 +0000

Shewing forth my Google powers, I found this picture of Seawrack (or her sister), a delightful piece of high Victorian erotic romanticsm, together with the Goethe ballad "Der Fischer" which apparently inspired it:

http://members.tripod.com/~pnkeese/_poems/fischer.htm

(NB: Tripod pop-up & cheesy music warning!)

Don't you wish that had been the cover OBW instead of the piece of crap they used? (maybe they could have put an old guy's head on the fisherman.)

--

---

From: Michael Straight <straight at email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:02:07 +0000

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Andrew Bollen wrote:

> Don't you wish that had been the cover OBW instead of the piece of crap
> they used? (maybe they could have put an old guy's head on the
> fisherman.)

I think the colonists on Blue had lost the technology to make silk boxer
shorts.  I suppose it's possible Horn had some from the Whorl and kept
them all these years because they reminded him of You-Know-Who.

On the other hand, that brown blur in the lower right corner looks more
like my mental picture of Babbie than the one on the cover of OBW.

-Rostrum

--

---

From: Andrew Bollen <abollen at internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:20:14 +0000

> them all these years because they reminded him of You-Know-Who.

My theory is that they were a gift from the Mother, along with some killer
aftershave, and a supersized can of viagra.

--