Subject: (urth) From the Cradle

From: Ron Crown <crownrw at slu.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:58:55 +0000

I just read this story from Greg Ketter's Shelf Life anthology (rare
book lovers, N.B. the title).  Good, solid Wolfe, with an amusing pun
which is also a clue.  It's also another example of GW's love for
telling stories within the story; what's more, the stories are all from
a brown book (!) containing "tales of wonder!"  Recommended.

Ron Crown

--

---

From: Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 04:45:34 +0000

>a brown book (!) containing "tales of wonder!"  Recommended.

Take a look at the credits on the back, inside flap of the dust jacket.

-Roy

--

---

From: Alice K. Turner <aturner6 at nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:00:06 +0000

From: "Roy C. Lackey" <rclackey at stic.net>

> Take a look at the credits on the back, inside flap of the dust jacket.

To  paraphrase Paul Simon: Don't be coy, Roy.
Enquiring minds want to know.

-alga

--

---

From: Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:30:14 +0000

>Enquiring minds want to know.

Just a bit of fatherly hubris. My son, Sean, is a friend of the artist, John
Picacio, who did the dust jacket illustration and design. Sean was involved
with the digital photography of the art "assemblage" from which the image on
the cover was made, and is acknowledged there.

-Roy

--