Subject: (urth) DOORS: Latin, the calendar of Graves

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 02:04:28 +0000

About Malicapata, David Duffy wrote:
>Of course, he could have just meant a headache ;) or depression.

Ah yes: "Post coitum omne animal triste."

Tami Whitehead pointed out the Gravesean 13-month lunar calendar in THE
WHITE GODDESS.  Yes, precisely: the thing is there, already made, with
names (based on trees like "Wild Apple") and dates and spine-tingling
festivals.  Part and parcel of the big Graves "White Goddess" package.  And
I do not detect any details pointing towards such a system in TAD.

=mantis=

--

---

From: Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 07:16:14 +0000

>I do not detect any details pointing towards such a system in TAD.

Probably because it isn't there. Specific Otherworld dates (including month
name, 294, and number, 128,130) are given several times in the book. The
calendar in the Otherworld is the same as ours.

-Roy

--