Subject: (urth) Two heads are better than one

From: Nigel Price <nigel.aprice at virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:29:53 +0000

In response to my precipitate endorsement, well after six years, anyway, of
Kevin McGuire's suggestion that the grafting of Mr Burns' head onto Homer's
body in an episode of "The Simpsons" might represent a nod, or perhaps two
nods, to the grafting of Typhon's head onto Piaton in TBotNS, Crush
rejoins...

>>I'd much prefer that this were so and I plan
>>to use it to recommend Gene Wolfe to my
>>Simpson-crazed friends, however...

..And then goes on to cite cogent reasons and plausible sources.

Ah, well, yes, indeed...he could be right!

Trying not to feel too crushed, I can only note that the master-slave
relationship of Mr Burns and his employee Homer rather neatly parodies that
between the tyrant Typhon and his hapless slave Piaton. Whether this is also
true in the two bicephalic epics that Crush refers to, I cannot say.

Nigel

Heu Rostrum!
Felix cum aliquis me sapientem arbitratur.
Ubique in terra noctis omnes me stultum noverunt.

--