Subject: (urth) Next Wolfe collection: title change

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:16:51 +0000

Moshe Feder at Tor indicates that GW's next collection
is scheduled for June 2004, and will now be titled,
not WRAITHS, WAIFS, AND WOLVES, but INNOCENTS ABOARD.
Oh dear.

--Nick Gevers.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page
from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
http://uk.my.yahoo.com

--

---

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:17:00 +0000

--Nick Gevers.

--

---

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:17:25 +0000

--Nick Gevers.

--

---

From: Richard Horton <rrhorton at prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:45:13 +0000

Incidentally, Nick, I don't recall if you've mentioned Wolfe's new
story in the upcoming Weird Tales, Spring 2003. It's called "My Name
is Nancy Wood".  It's quite short, under 2000 words, and to my mind
it's fairly minor Wolfe.  It's about a woman, a nurse, exhumed because
people suspect she was murdered, and a letter she wrote that was
buried with her, detailing her curious relationship with a patient.

I was confused by some bits of the story, but the confusion did not,
for me, have the overtones of Wolfean confusion -- that is, confusion
that on further thought and rereading will be dispelled to be replaced
with some form of wonder or admiration.  However, maybe further
thought and rereading is what is required.

--=20
Rich Horton

>not WRAITHS, WAIFS, AND WOLVES, but INNOCENTS ABOARD.

--=20
Rich Horton | Stable Email: mailto://richard.horton at sff.net
Home Page: http://www.sff.net/people/richard.horton
Also visit SF Site (http://www.sfsite.com) and Tangent Online =
(http://www.tangentonline.com)

--