Subject: RE: (urth) The Book of Typhon and Silk as Typhon

From: James Wynn <crushtv at hotpop.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:10:17 +0000

Don notes:
This segment is more speculative than the last since I haven't gotten
to a second reading of the Long Sun books.  Nevertheless, I am firmly
convinced of its correctness overall.  My argument is simply that Silk
is a clone of the monarch Typhon...

Wolfe describes Silk as having a "reddish-blond beard" (Litany of the Long
Sun p. 187).  So?
Here is a passage from Graves' King Jesus describing JC:
"You have a Typhonic, or harvest-red, beard. . ." (KJ p. 221)
How coincidental that Wolfe gives Silk a feature that ties him not only
to sacred kingship but also directly to Typhon.

Crush backs Don:
Although you say you consider your Long Sun theories "more speculative", I'd
say this connection is the clearest of all. It positively establishes your
months-long assertion about "King Jesus" being a Wolfean source and places
you in the catbird seat regarding Silk's genetic relation to Typhon. IMO The
ball is in the court of any detractors to show that these theories are not
likely.

I'm not as convinced of your Severian/Typhon heritage theories, but that
**could** be only because I haven't yet spent the time that you have
considering it. For instance, I've yet to read "King Jesus."

-- Crush

--

---

From: James Jordan <jbjordan4 at cox.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:48:17 +0000

Just a quick note: Keep pursuing this. Wolfe is certainly "into" clones, in 
*5th Head,* and there the clones make no progress and are becoming 666, 
antichrist. The dodecology (?) as "redemption of clones" makes sense.

Nutria

--