Subject: (urth) favorite wolfe quotes

From: Steve Case <scase at olivet.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 02:14:28 +0000

"We are as solid as most truly false things are-a dance of particles in
space.  Only the things no one can touch are true, as you should know by
now."
                -Citadel
 
"The second-best thing was to fight and win.  But the first-best thing
was to fight the fight worth fighting.  Where would he be, if not here?"
                -The Woman who Loved the Centaur Pholus
 
"If I need more courage than I have to live, I will pretend to have it
and live anyway.  I did that on the battlefield . . .  I acted the part
of a hero.  That is to say, I acted as it seemed to me I would have if I
had actually possessed dauntless courage."
                -On Blue's Waters
 
. . . I have dozens more.  Quotes like these are what make him my
favorite author.
 
-Steve     

--