Subject: (urth) Poor lil' Blattid

From: James Wynn <crushtv at hotpop.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:10:45 +0000

Blattid yelps:
Still unable to post to the list. Grrrr.

Still (Aaaargh!) unable to post so replying in person. Feel free
to repost to the list if you want to reply.

Crush muses:
With Blattid's exclamations, I'm imagining electric arcs jumping from
Blattid's monitor to his mouse hand when he tries to click the "Send" button
to launch an email to the Urth list.
;-)

-- Crush

(ouch! yow! gzzzzgh! got it!)

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.467 / Virus Database: 266 - Release Date: 4/1/2003

--

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <katbarx at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:42:10 +0000

>Blattid yelps:

If you please, we blattidae hiss or crackle. We do not yelp.

>to launch an email to the Urth list.

Alas, the real explanation was much more mundane and kind of dumb.
Back in February, my employer changed the format for eddresses (so
that mine, for example, went from "ddanehy at siebel.com" to
"Dan'l.Danehy-Oakes at Siebel.com"). Mail to the old eddress continued to
be delivered, so I could read Urth; but mail from the new eddress was
rejected as not coming from a listmember. The obvious solution --
unsubscribe and resubscribe -- wasn't possible because I couldn't send
an email from the old eddress to unsubscribe. I could have just resubbed
from the new eddress, or this one, but I didn't want to deal with two
copies of each message.

Well, Ranjit's fixed it and I'm a happy bug.

_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

--