Subject: (urth) woof-woof

From: Alice Turner <al at interport.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 21:20:49 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

Viz,

>As for writing it up, hmm, for whom?  NYRSF?

Yes. I have some pull with them, as does mantis, and we'd both love to yank
it for you. Still, though you've got a wonderful premise, let's argue out
the underground sequence, and also, I think, the end, before you approach
them.

-alga-

---

From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan at gnt.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 22:59:11 +0000

At 09:20 PM 3/2/98 -0500, you wrote:

Still, though you've got a wonderful premise, let's argue out
>the underground sequence, and also, I think, the end, before you approach

	Yeah. That's the BONE of contention.
	Maybe the "men" of the planet were all dogmen. Any hint from the
descriptions of the robots and the self-named "trueman"?
	After all, the title is "TRACKING Song." Dogs track. Then again, so do men.
	I think this thesis has merit.

Nutria