Subject: (urth) Sphinx: Mother's mother

From: maa32 <maa32 at dana.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 15:40:08 +0000

I was thinking about "I am your mother, and your mother's mother".  One riddle 
of the sphinx was "Which daughter gives birth to her mother in turn?" or 
something like that, and the answer was night and day.  Pretty banal, but 
could that explain the line?  It doesn't seem to for me, but it seems similar 
somehow.  I remain confused by it.

Marc Aramini

--

---

From: James Jordan <jbjordan4 at cox.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 16:12:59 +0000

>somehow.  I remain confused by it.

Could it be this: Latro's lapses of memory between each day provide for him 
a much fuller alternation of day and night than for other people.
         I don't remember very much from the books. Which god did Latro 
offend? Someone connected with the sphinx? This god/goddess would be the 
author of his alternating condition.

Nutria

--