Subject: (urth) names for Nigel

From: Michael Andre-Driussi <mantis at siriusfiction.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 14:28:12 +0000

Wow, Nigel, you have suddenly burst into high activity!

Nigel Price wrote:
>I look forward, when I get to read the printed version of the story, to
>seeing how all the names are spelled. All my efforts in this and my previous
>message are just "best guesses" based on what I heard on the dramatised
>reading. Is it "Baden" or "Badden"? And how is the shark-man's name spelled?
>"Hange"?
>
>And talking of names, I realise that I never discussed the name of the
>missionary on the island. His full name is - from memory - something like
>"Mervyn Robertson" or "Robinson", but he doesn't like his given name and
>prefers to be called "Rob". As some of the other names in the story are
>clearly significant, I wondered what Rob's name might indicate.

I can help you there:

Baden
Rev. Rob Robbins (his first name is really "Mervyn")
Annys (witch in L.A.)
Julius R. Christmas (Mary's dad)
Hanga
Langi, the native girlfriend (seems to be the pet form of "Langitokoua"
which is also used in the text)

Also a quick note on unrelated matters: the current Lexicon auctions (Y8,
Y9, Y10, Y11, and Y12) will be ending tomorrow.  When these are gone there
will be only seven left.

=mantis=

Sirius Fiction
booklets on Gene Wolfe, John Crowley
http://www.siriusfiction.com/

eBay Auctions
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=mr.sirius

--