Subject: (urth) Nettle - rash?

From: Nigel Price <nigel.aprice at virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:17:08 +0000

Greeting, Alan Lewis - welcome to the Urth List.

Here are some possible reasons why Nettle would want to return with
Silk/Horn to the Whorl:

1)	She has always admired Silk and would want to follow him as both a friend
and "disciple".

2)	Silk retains in his personality what little remains of her beloved
husband Horn.

3)	She now knows that her husband Horn is dead. She is a widow, and wants a
new start. There's no point in staying on at the mill waiting for Horn to
return. Better to let her children take over and run things. Give them a
clear run and get out of their way.

But you're right to comment on the oddness of the book's ending. I have to
confess that I find many details of the ending of RttW odd and unsettling. I
need to raise the business of the killing of the inhumi at the wedding again
some time...but not now.

Nigel

--