Subject: (urth) >>On Encompassing the Universe<<

From: Tyreal <akean989 at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:42:25 +0000

Hi,
 
I realize that I'm probably really out of whack and all, but could someone tell me if there is a website that has a copy of the paper "On Encompassing the Universe"?
 
If you could help me, you would earn my undying gratitude.
 
Thanks,
 
>>Andy Kean<<
 
P.S. Sam Keyes, thanks for being the first person to reply to my posts on urth.net , it's greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

--

---

From: Sam Keyes <skeyes at richmond.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:24:51 +0000

Well, it looks like I'm the one again.  Perhaps it's because I'm paying
attention to anything general related to Wolfe rather than the Latro
books, which I have yet to read.

Do you mean the interview with Larry McAffery?  Your search is as good as
anyone's; I haven't seen it online.  It was published in Science Fiction
Studies in November 1988, so you could find it in a library with a decent
periodicals section.  If you mean something else, I'm not sure.

snk

> Hi,
>
> I realize that I'm probably really out of whack and all, but could
> someone tell me if there is a website that has a copy of the paper "On
> Encompassing the Universe"?
>
> unsubscribe: send "unsubscribe" to urth-request at urth.net

--

---

From: James Wynn <the.wynns at usa.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:35:27 +0000

Andy Kean asked:
....could someone tell me if there is a website that has a copy of the paper
"On Encompassing the Universe"? If you could help me, you would earn my
undying gratitude.

Sam Keyes responded:

Crush offers:
If this is truely the McCaffery interview, then I think you can get it in
"Across the Wounded Galaxies: Interviews With Contemporary American Science
Fiction Writers". Used for US$7 at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0252061403/104-4212763-4911130?vi=glance

If successful contact me for my mailing address where you can mail that
undying gratitude. ;-)

-- Crush

--

---

From: Jeff Prucher <jprucher at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:07:57 +0000

Jeff Prucher, mysteriously talking in the third person, de-lurks long enough to
note that the interview in "Across the Wounded Galaxies" (AWG) was apparently
conducted in 1986 (according to a review of AWG in SF Studies:
http://www.depauw.edu/sfs/reviews_pages/r55.htm).  This doesn't mean that
they're not the same interview of course, but the SF Studies review does not
mention that they had previously published the AWG, as one might expect.  There
is also an extremely brief excerpt of the AWG interview here:
http://www.themodernword.com/borges/borges_infl_wolfe.html
If you don't want to shell out the dough for the book, I recommend getting it
through interlibrary loan.

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
http://sbc.yahoo.com

--