Subject: (urth) Porchnus

From: Alice Turner <al at interport.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:09:21 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

Christopher,

The best advice I can give you re your Porchnus review falls in three:
First, are you sure you shouldn't be writing about the Long Sun series,
which is richer religious fodder since, in additions to all its own twists,
it brings the NS in via the Outsider? Second, better than asking us to
rehash material we've covered pretty extensively, you should go over the
Archives. Pay particular attention to Jim Jordan (Nutria) and his posts.
Third, do a search for Jordan's website (I don't have the address at hand,
but my own search found it easily) and read his essay in this very subject.

-alga-

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: C R Culver <crculver at aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 03:04:57 +0000

Said Alga:
>Second, better than asking us to rehash material we've covered 
pretty extensively, you should go over the Archives.<

Well, I wasn't looking for specific examples, really, though I do thank those
who have since posted some I was unaware of. What I did want were thoughts of
people who may have tried to explain the BotNS to people who have never read
the books. What worked? What didn't? How do I make people want to read this
incredible text?

Thanks,

Christopher R. Culver <crculver at aol.com>
http://members.aol.com/crculver/index.html
------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance, that light of fools steers a wayward path"
-Brendan Perry

---

From: C R Culver <crculver at aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 03:11:39 +0000

Thanks,