Subject: (urth) good fishing?

From: Lisa Schaffer-Doggett <harlekin at earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:50:33 +0000

This regards the significance of the name Horn:

Etymology: AL HEEKA bull’s southern horn In Arabic, hakka is to scratch 
or gore. Hebrew HaKHaH is a fishing hook, and, of course, the source of 
English HOOK. Fishing requires patience as well as angling with a hook, 
so the notable Taurus patience might be a factor here, before there is 
an explosion of horned anger. Hebrew HaCKeH also means to wait. The 
star description mentions power, another meaning of the Hebrew and 
English source of “horn.” The unprovoked AL HEEKA native can be gentle, 
but when the horns finally do
come down, you don’t want to run those Pamplona streets. [Isaac 
Mozeson, author of The Word dictionary, Edenic (Biblical Hebrew), SPI 
books, ISBN 15671-942-0].
 
Influence of the constellation: By the Kabalists Taurus is associated 
with the Hebrew letter Aleph and the 1st Tarot Trump "The Juggler". 
(Robson).

Don fades back to the fringes.

--

---

From: Josh Geller <brunians at brunians.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:55:38 +0000

> with the Hebrew letter Aleph and the 1st Tarot Trump "The Juggler". 

By some qabalists, perhaps, I haven't run across it in thirty years of
doing qabalah, but I don't know everything, and there are lots of
different schools of qabalah. The word 'aleph' means 'an ox', as 
others have pointed out here before. However, the letter is generally
associated with the element of Air. Taurus, in these systems, is
associated with the letter Vav and trump V, 'The Pope' or 'The 
Hierophant'.

.

--

---

From: Josh Geller <brunians at brunians.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:55:38 +0000

.

--