Subject: (urth) First Publication

From: matthew.malthouse <matthew.malthouse at guardian.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:19:43 +0000

On 13/07/2003 22:41:57 James Jordan wrote:

>         BUT, Trollope wrote for serialized publication. The first part 
of
>a given book or series was in magazine print before the later parts were
>even written, as I understand it. Wolfe worked over the New Sun books 
FOUR
>times before initial publication. 

Eh?  Was the MS complete before initial publictaion?

If so what caused the delays in first the UK edition?

A friend recommended me TBotNS before the third volume was published. When 
it was I bought the three books [Arrow, 1st UK pbk] believing that it was 
a trilogy.  I was very upset to find that there was a fouth and I had to 
wait for it.

The ISFDB gives 1980, '81, 81 and 82 as first publication dates which I 
would assume to be US: can't get to my copies to check as I'm at work.

Matthew

--