Subject: (urth) I'd pay...

From: (unknown) <>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 04:04:41 +0000

Just to get "Oh, come on!" written in the margin of one of my stories.

:-)

--

---

From: Josh Geller <brunians at brunians.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 04:45:40 +0000

> Just to get "Oh, come on!" written in the margin of one of my stories.

So would I.

I hope that this implies that you are also willing to pay to hang out
with Gene Wolfe, assuming that he goes for it.

The more of you say yes, the easier this is going to be assuming that he
agrees.

I have been thinking, and this is the form this thing is taking
in my mind currently:

-> It should be for a weekend, possibly a long weekend, not for a whole
   week.

-> It should cost something like $200 for real-time participants. Real
   time participants will be limited to 12. 

-> It should cost something like $50 for online participants. I am
   sure if there should be a limit to the number of online participants.
   Any comments?

-> It is arranged primarily for the writer's convenience. All of the 
   writer's transportation, food and hotel costs shall be paid. It  
   should not cost the writer one dollar to participate in this
   symposium. If after expenses are paid, there is some cash left over,
   it will be presented to the writer as a nominal token of gratitude.

-> Discussions will be reduced into articles or books in a way mutually
   agreeable to the writer and the entity doing the symposium, marketed
   appropriately, and any proceeds split fifty-fifty between the two.

-> Topics for each day's discussion are at the writer's sole discretion.
   The writer may do as much or as little as they please by way of work.

-> One fine meal, either a lunch or a dinner, will be served to
   participants each day. The writer, of course, has all additional
   meals and those of his spouse paid for.

Any further comments? Anything else I need to say that I am not saying?

J.

___

--

---

From: Lisa Schaffer-Doggett <harlekin at earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:36:04 +0000

> Just to get "Oh, come on!" written in the margin of one of my stories.

No doubt.  Then when I self published I'd put it on page three and a 
big "Introduction by Gene Wolfe" on the cover.

; p

--