Subject: (urth) Wolfe at conventions

From: Steve Case <scase at olivet.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:32:59 +0000

All this talk of proposed Wolfe symposiums or whatnot has me wondering:
where can one hope to run into Wolfe around the Chicago area?  I mean,
he lives around here, doesn't he?  I've never been to a 'con before.  Is
it worth attending some in the Chicago area in the hopes of running into
Mr. Wolfe?  
 
-Steve (who, if he had to decide on a Vironese name, would pick Badger)

--

---

From: silk tree <albizia at feafaroth.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:37:11 +0000

On Sunday, July 27, 2003, at 12:32  AM, Steve Case wrote:

> All this talk of proposed Wolfe symposiums or whatnot has me 
> wondering: where can one hope to run into Wolfe around 
> theChicagoarea? I mean, he lives around here, doesn’t he? I’ve never 
> been to a ‘con before. Is it worth attending some in theChicagoarea in 
> the hopes of running into Mr. Wolfe? 

I've seen him at WindyCon. He signed some books and was on some panels 
-- one including mixing genres. He's not listed as a guest at this 
year's WindyCon, at least on this page:

http://www.windycon.org/guests.asp

Btw, when I first joined the list a long time ago, and people were 
talking about whether the ghost was real, I reported that at this con, 
he said the ghost was real. After being here for more than a year or 
so, and reading the discussions, I do not think you can take this to 
mean that he said it was a real *ghost*.  :) It could be a real 
*something* or the other, but I can't actually remember if he 
explicitly said it was a real *ghost*. Otoh, maybe I'm being silly.

>  -Steve (who, if he had to decide on a Vironese name, would pick 

Sign Badger then! :)

mimosa

--