From: Andrew Bollen <abollen at internode.on.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:06:59 +0000

Josh wrote:

> You are probably thinking of 'Hogg'.

Actually, Mr Google tells me it was "Tides of Lust", aka "Equinox". The
scenario was something like: guy owns a tramp-yacht or fishing boat or
something; he owns two 12 year old kids he bought in India; he has sex with
them a lot in graphic detail, plus lots of other people have graphic sex
with them & others. It was pretty badly written, as I recall, apart from the
pedophilia stuff.

I should try reading D again. I enjoyed Dhalgren when I was a kid, but
suspect I'd find it a bit overblown now. I couldn't get into "Nova" (?), and
then ToL turned me off him completely.

> These are some of my thoughts on the matter. There are others. Why did
> the innkeeper call Baldanders Baldy? He's not bald.

Is Delany bald? The picture of him I remember shows him with hair
*everywhere*.

> May the hour of my silence return.

May this not come to pass.

--