Subject: (urth) Hair

From: Alice K. Turner <aturner6 at nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 05:53:17 +0000

One more thing. Delaney is indeed covered in hair, or at least he was two
weeks ago. Baldy seems to me a perfectly logical contraction of
Baldanders--why should it refer to hair? And how does Baldy relate to
Delaney (who is short, and by now quite rotund)? I've always thought of him
as Northern European in flavor, what with his troll-like aspects and that
Gothic castle.

-alga

--

---

From: Josh Geller <brunians at brunians.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:15:24 +0000

> as Northern European in flavor, what with his troll-like aspects and that

Excuse me, when you've been doing qabalah for thirty-five years you
take some wierd things for granted:

Baldanders Baldy

Ba    d rs
  ldan e       y

Bad SR Delany

Now, like I've said, I am not particularly passionately attached to this
little puzzle, and I put the whole thing forward as much as a wry
comment on the wrangling over minutiae which, in my opinion, badly
infests this list at the possible expense of serious discussion as for
any other reason.

But I think there is actually better evidence for it than for most of
the similar wrangling that does go on much of the time.

J.

___

--