Subject: (urth) "Repent Odyssey," said the Harlequin!

From: Michael Buice <mabuice at uchicago.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:52:54 +0000

Hello Everyone,

	I thought it might be of interest to the list to see the results of 
Harlan Ellison's investigation into the events concerning Wolfe and the 
Odyssey workshop.

http://harlanellison.com/heboard/unca.htm?beg=26&num=25

	Look for a post from Ellison dating Saturday, July 26 2003

Michael

--

---

From: Lisa Schaffer-Doggett <harlekin at earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:10:20 +0000

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 11:52 AM, Michael Buice wrote:

> Harlan Ellison's investigation into the events concerning Wolfe and 
> the Odyssey workshop.
>

Don rejoices,

That was beautiful.  A long time ago, I took Harlan Ellison as my 
writing inspiration, if not in style and content, for his single minded 
determination to do things his way.  Damn the critics, damn the 
readers, full speed ahead!  I've never changed my mind.  Still, he 
scares the hell out of me.

--

---

From: matthew.malthouse <matthew.malthouse at guardian.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:12:22 +0000

>       Look for a post from Ellison dating Saturday, July 26 2003

What HE says about workshops I thoroughly agree with and, regrettably, 
feel it has much application in other areas of education too.

Matthew

--

---

From: Lisa Schaffer-Doggett <harlekin at earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:49:01 +0000

>>       Look for a post from Ellison dating Saturday, July 26 2003

I've never read any Delany, but isn't it interesting how he ends up 
figuring prominently in Harlan Ellison's post?  It sort of ties two 
divergent topics together don't you think?

--