Subject: (urth) The Catherine Wheel

From: Sikozu Sta.-Ana <sikozujohnson at cox.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:48:27 +0000

Catherine Wheel

Named for the martyr St. Catherine, whose famed monastery sit on Mt. Sinai.
Allegedly she was to be put to death a wheel by burning, which miraculously
turned into flowers instead of flames.

Matt Ruff's trilogy WATER GAS &* ELECTRIC features as one of its three main
characters the daughter of the Mother Superior of the purple-clad Catholic
order of lesbian, child-bearing nuns, the Order of St. Catherine of the
Burning Wheel.

If you haven't read WG&E, go out. Pick it up. Read it. Wait until you meet
"29 Names for Snow". Or the "Eager Beaver".

sikozu
http://www.xanga.com/home.asp?user=3Dbananna69
--
Pedicat pueros tribas Philaenis...
=AD Martial, Epigrams VII:70

--

---

From: Sikozu Sta.-Ana <sikozujohnson at cox.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:51:09 +0000

sikozu

--