Subject: (urth) random bits

From: maa32 <maa32 at dana.ucc.nau.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 04:56:07 +0000

I've been having a problem looking up the Urth archives today, so forgive me 
if any of this is repetitive.  I just got back from a trip - ran into Mr. 
Wolfe.  He told me that he thought he was done with Wizard (book II of Wizard 
Knight) after the fifth draft, but that he is going through a sixth draft now.
 So I guess it's pretty close to being sent off.  He said that work on Soldier 
of Sidon was slow, and when I asked if he was using any historical figures he 
said Xerxes' brother.  I think.  I could be wrong.  Latro et al are sailing 
down the Nile.

I have a few pictures of me with Wolfe that I wanted to post to the list, but 
I'm not sure if attachments work.  Does anybody know if they do?  If not, no 
big deal.

Marc Aramini

--

---

From: Josh Geller <brunians at brunians.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 04:52:13 +0000

> said Xerxes' brother.  I think.  I could be wrong.  Latro et al are sailing 

Not unless they started in Uganda (or Ethiopia); the Nile flows from
South to North. They are sailing up the Nile. I wonder if they are 
going to use the canal.

Sidon's a good place to be from if you want to do some serious world
travelling in the the fifth century BC. Can't wait to see GW's take
on Phoenician religion.

.

--