Subject: (urth) Severian as Conciliator

From: Benjamin Martin <rsfmdocs at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:05:38 +0000

Dear All:

First time reader/poster, so be patient with me.  Trying to catch up on the 
archives, but it will be a while.  Long time fan of BOTNS (around 20 years 
or so).

My Very First Question:  Is there any evidence in the BOTNS tetrology that 
Severian is/was the conciliator?  My suspicion is that Wolfe came up with 
this after the completion of BOTNS.

(There are clear indications about the Apu-Punchau/Sev connection at the end 
of Citadel, and I knowing Wolfe he would at least have dropped hints if he 
originally intended the Con/Sev connection.  And what about Typhon's meeting 
with Severian in BOTNS.... if they had "previously" met in Typhons era 
wouldn't a clever fellow like typhon have recalled it????)

Thanks in advance,

Ben

_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

--