Subject: (urth) Suns

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <katbarx at hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 00:49:59 +0000

One of those "Duh" moments.

Okay, Severian is the New Sun.

Is Silk the Long Sun? Is the Narrator the Short Sun?

If so, how, and what does this mean?

_________________________________________________________________
Get 10MB of e-mail storage! Sign up for Hotmail Extra Storage.  
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

--

---

From: James Jordan <jbjordan4 at cox.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 01:13:46 +0000

At 07:49 PM 9/4/2003, you wrote:
>--Blattid

Well, Silk is tall, and more importantly, I guess, he is, we assume, a 
clone of the builder of the LS Whorl, and he goes off with the Whorl. What 
begins with Pas ends and continues beyond ending with Silk. So, that seems 
to fit.

Narrator? I haven't a clew, unless his brief time on the planets makes him 
short in time.

Nutria

--

---

From: Lisa Schaffer-Doggett <harlekin at earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 01:17:28 +0000

> If so, how, and what does this mean?

One explanation, only slightly satisfying, I've seen is that Silk is 
tall and I assume Horn falls short.  That's my two cents.
Don

--