Subject: (urth) Trinity

From: Sikozu Johnson <sikozujohnson at cox.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:22:15 +0000

On Lundi, sept 8, 2003, at 06:33 US/Pacific, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote: 
"Well, it's a little more complex than that. They are One, but not The 
Same. That is, they are distinct persons who share a single substance, 
being, and Godhead. I'm not prepared to explain all that right now, but 
that's the actual orthodox Catholic - and, I'm pretty sure, the 
orthodox Orthodox - position."

It's standard in all existing historic non-Protestant churches, from 
the Anglican Communion to the Church of St. Thomas of Malabar, bitter 
theological debates aside. (None had any real theological implications 
as all evaluated the Trinity in the same way, including Nestorians.)

It's part of the Apostolic Creed, a version of which can be found on 
http://www.grace-walsingham.com/nicenecreed.html

Sikozu
http://sikozu.blogspot.com/
http://members.cox.net/sikozujohnson/
******
"I sit for world revolution"
Alan Ginsberg, 19 July 1981

--