Subject: (urth) shell game: the black hole

From: Don Doggett <harlekin at earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 03:40:33 +0000

Hi everyone

One of the benefits of my soul killing job (it's not quite that bad) is 
that I have time to think of things like this.  If Urth's sun has a 
black hole in the center of it draining energy (but not sucking in the 
whole solar system?)  all of that energy must be going somewhere.  
Perhaps to Yesod to form the energy necessary for a white fountain?  
What a ripoff, I mean thanks for nothing Hiero's.  What do you think, 
Is the new sun just the old sun given back?

Don

--

---

From: Chris <rasputin_ at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 04:09:23 +0000

This question actually makes a bit of difference as far as the overall 
interpretation goes, and it occurred to me as well. This could imply that 
Severian's white fountain would act as a black hole for the Hieros, bringing 
about a decline of their sun. Which of course could be replenished later on 
by a white fountain for them, which would in turn dump another black hole in 
Ushas, etc.

>that I have time to think of things like this.  If Urth's sun has a black 
>hole in the center of it draining energy (but not sucking in the whole 
>solar system?)  all of that energy must be going somewhere.  Perhaps to 
>Yesod to form the energy necessary for a white fountain?  What a ripoff, I 
>mean thanks for nothing Hiero's.  What do you think, Is the new sun just 
>the old sun given back?
>
>Don
>
>
>--

_________________________________________________________________
Try MSN Messenger 6.0 with integrated webcam functionality! 
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_webcam

--