Subject: (urth) Urth/Blue

From: Scyetletull letetuwathe <xentrocia at hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:18:04 +0000

I have not posted here before so I apologize if this topic has already been 
addressed and I just missed it. However, I am curious if anyone has 
discussed or considered the idea that Urth and Blue are actualy the same 
planet in a different time. My reasons for thinking this are as follows:

I do not know exactly what is happening to the "red sun" of Urth but I do 
know that Sevarian describes the place in which he lives as having mild 
summers. If we assume that he is indeed somewhere in South America as some 
have theorized that means he is also near the equator. Unless I have missed 
something this means that it should be rather warm. So if this part of the 
world is substantialy colder than our present world as a result of the sun 
dieing I believe it is safe to asume that the rest of the world is even 
colder. This would mean that a good deal of the worlds water supply is 
frozen. So the coming of the new sun (a brighter and warmer sun) could 
potentialy melt the polar ice caps and flood the world.

I don't see any reason why this couldnt be what the folks from the long sun 
call blue. If I am not mistaken the moon that Sevarian describes in BotNS is 
green.

Please let me know if I am missing anything here...

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! 
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:32:00 +0000

There are approximately eight million, seven hundred thousand words on
this subject in the archives...

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:17:59 +0000, Scyetletull letetuwathe
<xentrocia at hotmail.com> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
> 

-- 
www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer
No president who has presided over Abu Ghraib should ever 
say he wants to put anyone on a leash. That's all.
     --Andrew Sullivan

---

From: James Wynn <thewynns at earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:24:16 +0000

>>I have not posted here before so I apologize if this topic has already
>>been addressed and I just missed it. However, I am curious if anyone has
>>discussed or considered the idea that Urth and Blue are actually the same
>>planet in a different time.

>this subject in the archives...

Scyetletull,

Welcome!

Marc Aramini was (to my knowledge) the first and most adamant advocate for
this theory (but he does not *exactly* hold it now).

The most recent and heated discussion of this theory occurred while the list
was down this year. Eventually (hopefully) that stuff will be migrated into
the new archives

However you can read his essay on this theory here:
http://www.urth.org/whorlmap/chras-writers/marc-aramini1.htm

I must forewarn you about dipping your toe in this subject unless you can
offer an angle that would profoundly shift it's focus in a significantly
indisputable manner. Some people feel strongly about both (and all)
sides of this subject, other people have strong opinions about people who
have strong opinions on the subject, and most people (who have read the
threads) are just weary over the whole thing. But if you don't care about
being popular around here, then certainly no one can stop you from posting.
:-)

~ Crush

---

From: Scyetletull letetuwathe <xentrocia at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:34:04 +0000

Thank for linking me to the essay. I did not come here to argue but to seek 
more information on a topic I was curious about. If anyone else has any 
usefull links relating to this subject I would apreciate them...

_________________________________________________________________
FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! 
http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

---

From: James Wynn <thewynns at earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:44:57 +0000

>Scyetletull letetuwathe said:
>more information on a topic I was curious about.

Well, I'm sure you'll fit in around here just fine in spite of that.
;-)

~ Crush