Subject: (urth) Natrium

From: ori kowarsky <orikowarsky at hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:34:07 +0000

For those with high-speed connections here is a video of a lump of sodium 
bouncing around in a lake:

http://www.theodoregray.com/PeriodicTable/Stories/011.2/Videos/SodiumLake01.MOV

Here s the link to the site the movie comes from, explaining how the sodium 
lept three or for times about forty feet in the air after each contact with 
H2O (mid-page, but the whole range of experiments is funny/terrifying too):

http://www.theodoregray.com/PeriodicTable/Stories/011.2/

Enjoy!

Ori

---

From: Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:20:54 +0000

Hey Ori,

It's been years. Welcome back!

-Roy

---

From: ori kowarsky <orikowarsky at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:39:06 +0000

Thanks Roy, but I never left -- I just didn't have much to add to the 
discussion!

Ori