Subject: (urth) Re: urth-urth.net Digest, Vol 5, Issue 35

From: turin <turin at hell.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:35:52 +0000

has anyone read robert borski's solar labyrinth on the book o fthe new sun.

---

From: maru <marudubshinki at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:42:47 +0000

No... but I have read Gene Wolfe's short story of the same name, if that 
helps.

~Maru

turin wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Urth Mailing List
>To post, write urth at urth.net
>Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>
>  
>

---

From: Kieran Mullen <kieran at ou.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:23:26 +0000

On Jan 25, 2005, at 2:05 PM, urth-urth.net-request at lists.urth.net wrote:
> Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:23:00 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Jim Raylor <rjraylor at yahoo.co.uk>
> Subject: (urth) A public apology
> To: Urth <urth-urth.net at lists.urth.net>
>

> I am most dreadfully sorry.
> I never thought my words would render you all
> speechless or I would have just lurked in some corner
> like a little girl in a blue dress.
> Is there anything I can do right?
>
>

      Hmmm...   I'd recommend that you work with your pharmacist until 
they get the dosages right.   Sure, the colors may no longer be as 
bright, but I think the payoff in ability to focus will make it 
worthwhile.

      Either that, or troll elsewhere.

      BTW, Mani, Idunn, Thiassi, are all part of the Norse mythos.  
However none of them are simple cut-and-paste versions of what in TWK 
books.   Look at:

http://www.mythome.org/nordic.html

     Kieran Mullen

P.S.  Damn.  Trolls *are* part of the Norse mythos.  Oh well.

---

From: StoneOx17 at aol.com <stoneox17 at aol.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 02:02:23 +0000

In a message dated 1/25/2005 10:14:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, kieran at ou.edu 

> http://www.mythome.org/nordic.html

As is the spring Mimir, which I think is mentioned only once.  It's 
where the Valfather took Able to drink so as to recover his memories 
(page 56 of TW).Again, it's not a simple cut-and-paste version, though.  
I'd bet there's many more references to the Norse mythos we haven't 
found yet.  

Stone OX (Peter)

> P.S.  Damn.  Trolls *are* part of the Norse mythos.  Oh well.

Again, not quite a simple cut-and-paste version.