Subject: (urth) META: Where can I find a discussion list for Gene Wolfe's books?

From: Kieran Mullen <kieran at ou.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:43:40 +0000

At the risk of being rude, I pose the above question.    Of late I 
find very little discussion of Wolfe and lots of thoughts on distantly 
related topics.   Perhaps I am the only one, but such random 
ruminations is the reason why I unsubscribed to this list for a few 
years.  I had hoped people be might discussing the Wizard-Knight books.

     So, I'll kick it off.  Is Able just some kid who wanders into 
Mythgathr, or was he fated to do so?   By the latter I mean does he 
have some special relationship to Mythgathr before the start of the 
first book?

     Kieran Mullen

---

From: James Wynn <thewynns at earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:22:20 +0000

Questions off the beaten track will persist as long as there are no
legitimate interesting topics to discuss. As long as the topics are mildly
interesting are they so much worse than nothing? However, I commend you for
trying to get everyone back to something that interests you and is on topic.

Since Able and Arthur a in some way the same person, I would say they have
to be linked from birth. It has been postulated  that Arthur's mother or
father was from Mythgarthr. I'm not sure this explains everything. I suspect
(although some seem viscerally hostile to the notion, that all the seven
worlds are "in" Arthur.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Kieran Mullen" <kieran at ou.edu>
To: <urth at urth.net>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 5:43 PM
Subject: (urth) META: Where can I find a discussion list for Gene
Wolfe'sbooks?

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:25:07 +0000

Kieran,

Without directly answering yourt question, I will observe that he does
not seem to just wander into the Mythgarthr world-complex; rather, he
seems to be summonned into it.

--Dan'l

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:43:37 -0600, Kieran Mullen <kieran at ou.edu> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
> 

-- 
"We're going to sit on Scorsese's head"
     -- The Goodfeathers