Subject: (urth) Kabbalistic Correspondences

From: Iorwerth Thomas <iorweththomas at hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:03:52 +0000

Ok, referring to my general reference for all thing Jewish and mystical[1], 
we have 4 universes each corresponding to an aspect of the creative act (the 
book isn't very detailed on _how_ this works):

Atzilut, Beriyah, Yetzirah, Asiyah.

Each has its own tree of life; Malkhut for the next one up stands above 
Rachamin (Mercy), also known as Tiferet (Beauty), of the one below.

Further to some discussion months ago linking Severian with Gevurah 
(Strength, representing strict and unforgiving justice, tempered in the 
divine by the other sephira), it is also (apparantly) associated with the 
Old Testament figure Isaac.

I doubt this makes things any clearer.

Iorwerth

[1] The 'Ars Magica' RPG supplement 'Kabbalah: Mythic Judaism'.  Not, 
perhaps, the most authoritative source, but most books in the game line are 
fairly well researched; best take this with a pinch of salt.

---

From: James Wynn <thewynns at earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 07:14:00 +0000

>Old Testament figure Isaac.

Well, if this is true then it could be one of the reasons for all the Christ 
references around Severian. Isaac is also a Christ-figure ala the recent 
discussion regarding him being offered sacrifice.

~ Crush