Subject: (urth) Torturer's Guild justification

From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones at riddlemaster.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:39:17 +0000

There's a passage in the BOTNS where Severian gives a justification for the 
Torturers Guild.  He talks about long term imprisonment being a drain on 
society, work programs taking jobs from the indigent, etc.  Unlike Severian, 
I forget things and I can't recall which book it's in.  A memory jog or 
pointer to the quote would be greatly appreciated.

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:36:21 +0000

It's in "Sword of the Lictor," when Dorcas is lying ill in the inn at
Thrax. I don't recall if it's when he first brings her there or on his
next visit.

--Dan'l

On Apr 12, 2005 11:37 AM, Daniel D Jones <ddjones at riddlemaster.org> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
> 

-- 
You probably do not want to know what that odor is. 
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer