Subject: (urth) Borges In The Popular Media

From: Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:37:55 +0000

Borges and his "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius" were mentioned on last 
Sunday's (4/10/05) "The L Word" television drama on Showtime in the US, 
in particular as part of a curriculum where a notoriously demanding 
teacher assignes the creation of a sequel to it in another medium, IIRC.

-- 
Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >

---

From: Philip Loguinov <philipov at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:03:23 +0000

It's funny that they chose that particular story, as at it's
beginning, Wolfe's entire writing strategy is laid out by Bioy Cesares
(if I rememeber the spelling correctly).

Philip Loguinov

---

From: Seth Lombardi <sethlombardi at hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:46:14 +0000

>Borges and his "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius" were mentioned on last Sunday's 
>(4/10/05) "The L Word" television drama on Showtime in the US, in 
>particular as part of a curriculum where a notoriously demanding teacher 
>assignes the creation of a sequel to it in another medium, IIRC.

Ah! That's interesting because I just picked up the first trade paperback of 
Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol, and the first story arc in it is essentially 
just that. In fact, I have to wonder if the person who wrote that episode 
didn't have Morrison directly in mind.

seth
*****************************
Seth Lombardi
sethlombardi at hotmail.com
http://sethlombardi.blogspot.com/
AIM: melombardi
"Two faces are alike; neither is funny by itself, but side by side their 
likeness makes us laugh" -Pascal