Subject: (urth) Re: urth-urth.net Digest, Vol 10, Issue 11

From: Josh Young <greatoaktree at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 17:33:27 +0000

In regards to the difference between the simulators, I sort of just
chalked that conversation up to SF conventions; I pretty much knew the
answer before Mr. Million provided it. However, dumb me, now that I
think about it, nothing's ever that simple with Wolfe, is it?
Interesting train of thought, there; could it be that #5 and father
are bound simulators? In addition to clones? Cyborg clone/simulators?
Maybe the expirements #5's father performed on him involved installing
a bound personality, hence the periods of increasing amnesia?

Also, did anyone notice the similarity between the description of the
ghoul-bear and the alzabo? I'm trying to remember if the alzabo had
man-like eyes of beast-like eyes; my friend has my copy of the New Sun
books. But I also seem to remember the alzabo digging up corpses and
eating them.--
~Josh
_____________________________________
"Fear is the mind killer" - Frank Herbert's Dune
"If you want to get warm, you must stand near the fire. If you want to
be wet, you must get into the water. If you want joy, power, peace,
eternal life, you must get close to... the thing that has them. They
are not the sort of prize that God....[would].... just hand out to
anyone." - CS Lewis, Mere Christianity
"Mortal love is merely our introduction to the immortal" - Margaret
Weis & Tracy Hickman's The Seventh Gate