Subject: (urth) Roy & the Revolution

From: James Wynn <thewynns at earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:40:39 +0000

Roy says
>The textual fact of the matter is that Typhon's children were exactly that --
>little children -- at the time they were scanned for the _Whorl_. Cilinia
>(Scylla), Echidna's firstborn, was close to the age of puberty:
>Her siblings were all younger; the youngest could not have been much more
>than six years old when scanned. The idea that seven little kids took part
>in any meaningful way in a conspiracy against their father is laughable on
>the face of it.

Well, 12 year old Cilinia did connive against her father with one of his deadly
enemies. Proto-Echidna was no child. I would not have any trouble imagining
all sorts of treachery from Typhon's children regardless of how small....
however, your next point is rather more...eh....pointy.

>As for the notion that Piaton was/is Typhon's son . . . my blood pressure is
>much too high as it is. A moment's reflection on the above textual facts
>should suffice to show that it couldn't have happened as Crush theorized.

You doctor wants me to tell you to take a pill, Roy. ;-)
But your point is well taken. I find this point more frustrating than you can
possibly imagine even with your chronically high blood pressure [no
surprise there, I'm afraid. ;-)].  I concede. There is no good reason
to suppose Piaton=Hieros.

~ Crush

"Piaton was one of my slaves" ~ Typhon
"We slaves. Pas own." ~ Cilinia