Subject: (urth) Book of the new sun (1-4) questions

From: Duncan Truter <dtruter at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:12:07 +0000

Hi

I just finished reading the botns again, and I have a few questions.
I've searched for these in the list already, and couldn't find the
answers.

1: what happened at the piteous gate? there was a riot, there were
clone soldiers...

did a member of severian's party cause all of that?

2: what was awakened in the cave?

3: how many times does severian die? all I can think of right now is:
-drowned as a child
-possibly died in the cart with agia
-killed by the avern

can't remember any more, but I remember someone mentioning on this
list that he was killed by a big gun in the citadel? I haven't re read
urth of the new sun yet though, so not asking about that, yet.

Thanks for your help. (Reading island of Doctor Death and other
stories and other stories at the moment)

---

From: Maru Dubshinki <marudubshinki at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:47:32 +0000

> 1: what happened at the piteous gate? there was a riot, there were

Some think hethrir caused the riot with a beast. I've also seen
suggestions that the guards were trying to get at Jonas.

> -possibly died in the cart with agia

The UotNS has a couple deaths, notably falling down the shaft in the ship.

> stories and other stories at the moment)

~Maru