Subject: (urth) Apricots at the Piteous Gate

From: Mark Boyle <mboyle at afblakemore.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:57:28 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Roy C. Lackey [mailto:rclackey at stic.net]
Sent: 24 February 2006 08:50
To: The Urth Mailing List
Subject: Re: (urth) The Piteous Gate

[snip]

No, something happened inside the long tunnel through the wall that was so
frightening and immediate a threat as to cause the travelers to panic trying
to get away from it. They fled to the closest exit, some, like the man on
the wagon who struck Dorcas

That was the chap, was it not, on whom Severian inflicted the excruciation
he referred to as "Two Apricots"? For some reason, that brief, two-word
title always made my skin crawl. :<

Disclaimer 
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of A.F. Blakemore and Son
Limited. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please notify the email administrator at A.F.
Blakemore and Son Limited, Long Acres Industrial Estate, Rose Hill,
Willenhall, West Midlands. WV13 2JP (mailto:postmaster at afblakemore.com)

---

From: Duncan Truter <dtruter at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:02:23 +0000

> title always made my skin crawl. :<
he said he was planning on performing that excruciation on the man,
but the guy got trampled first (pretty lucky, really).

---

From: Mark Boyle <mboyle at afblakemore.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:12:28 +0000

> From: Duncan Truter [mailto:dtruter at gmail.com]
> Sent: 24 February 2006 12:02
> Subject: Re: (urth) Apricots at the Piteous Gate
> 
> 

Blimey, you're right. :) You'd think I'd remember that, given that I read
the books annually.

Disclaimer