Subject: (urth) apology

From: b sharp <bsharporflat at hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 17:16:58 +0000

I'd like to apologize for monopolizing so much of the community space 
lately.  My excuse is that I spent the last 20 years reading the 5 Urth 
books at least once and often twice a year with no one to discuss them.  So 
the floodgates are currently open, unless a chorus of complaints arise. The 
reservoir is draining and should be at more acceptable levels soon.

---

From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones at riddlemaster.org>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 21:46:34 +0000

> reservoir is draining and should be at more acceptable levels soon.

I'm rather at a loss as to why you'd apologize for discussing Wolfe's works on 
a mailing list devoted to discussing Wolfe's works.  It's email.  If someone 
is offended or bored with your posts, they can easily skip over the posts.  
If they're really tired of reading your posts, they can twit you.  
Personally, I've found your posts quite interesting.  Post on.

(I'm not sure if the word "twit" is still commonly used in this manner.  In 
the old BBS days and the early days of the Internet, all of a decade and a 
half or so ago, a "twit filter" was a filter which automatically deleted 
posts from a specific person.  To "twit" someone was to add them to your twit 
filter.)

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 23:57:02 +0000

Seconding what Daniel says; B, I find your posts fascinating, and
usually well-reasoned even if I don't agree with them. You are not
the first person to come into this list and make a whole lot of postings,
full of new observations and theories; even when the theories are far
more controversial than yours have been, I think it's a good thing,
because it tends to bring new energy to the list, which otherwise
tends to languish somewhat between Lupine publications.

--Dan'l

On 5/23/06, Daniel D Jones <ddjones at riddlemaster.org> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>

-- 
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer

---

From: b sharp <bsharporflat at hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 13:02:52 +0000

Once again I'd like to apologize to the group for the excessive volume of my 
posts this past month and my sometimes less than polite tone for a new group 
member.  I was in a bit of a maniacal phase which has passed.  I'll post 
anything of interest the manic episode produces. Thanks to all!

-bsharp