Subject: (urth) Attending Daedalus

From: b sharp <bsharporflat at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:59:54 +0000

Has anyone read Peter Wright's Attending Daedalus?  The scholarly language 
makes me fear I miss the point.  I think he is saying that BotNS story is 
really about a political power struggle between two powerful and not very 
nice groups manipulating Severian, the overall philosphy being to address 
issues like colonization and imperialism and such.  Any other thoughts on 
this?

-bsharp

---

From: Tristan Davenport <tristan_davenport at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:01:10 +0000

I haven't read Attending Daedalus, but from your description it sounds like 
the kind of everything-is-political criticism that's fashionable in PoMo 
academia these days.  I believe the same kind of thing has been said about 
the New Testament, among other works.

                             Tristan
                             tristan_davenport at hotmail.com

>From: "b sharp" <bsharporflat at hotmail.com>
>Reply-To: The Urth Mailing List <urth at lists.urth.net>
>To: urth at lists.urth.net
>Subject: (urth) Attending Daedalus
>Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:59:54 -0400
>
>_______________________________________________
>Urth Mailing List
>To post, write urth at urth.net
>Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net

---

From: Chris <rasputin_ at hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 00:22:43 +0000

For a few of the older references. I know the book has been mentioned on the 
list recently as well, at least once by me.