Subject: (urth) SPAM Re: Urth before Earth

From: b sharp <bsharporflat at hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:49:57 +0000

Somewhere I read Wolfe quoted as saying Severian was an (one of many?) 
aspect of the Outsider.

Dan'l thinks:

>God is outside,in NS; when he incarnates and enters inside, it must change 
>everything. Not least, it must end the whole cycle of universes, and fix 
>one - ours - as the only reality, now with a definite beginning & definite 
>end.

Sounds Buddhist, yes?  They reach their Nirvana by escaping the endless 
reincarnation cycle of birth and death.

-bsharp

---

From: Iorwerth Thomas <iorweththomas at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:53:04 +0000

>reincarnation cycle of birth and death.

True, but bear in mind that at least one other Catholic author has used the 
comparison between a linear (and progressive) spirtitual history and a 
cyclical secular one: Walter M Miller Jr in 'A Canticle for Liebowitz' [1].

[1] A rather wonderful little book, even if one does wonder as to what 
became of all those Protestants...