Subject: (urth) Mistakes/editing errors in "Solar Labyrinth"??

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:13:08 +0000

I'm on my second reading of BotNS, and I just got "Solar Labyrinth" in the
mail.  And I was surprised that only 12 pages into the book, I might have
found 2 errors.  I'm probably way off on this, but here goes:

1.  A reference to the crash in the Cathedral as having occurred in Claw, when
it was obviously the early half of Shadow.

2.  The author says in the chapter "Catherine" that anyone lame or limping, he
associates with Severian the Lame.  I looked back at the chapter, and saw no
such statement.

Am I missing something huge here?  Is there an errata page for this book?

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.

---

From: Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 07:35:15 +0000

>it was obviously the early half of Shadow.

Yeah, that's a mistake.

>associates with Severian the Lame.  I looked back at the chapter, and saw
no

You are right about his not having made such a reference directly in the
text of the "Catherine" chapter. Rather, he made the limping reference in
Note #4 for the "Catherine" chapter.

>Am I missing something huge here?  Is there an errata page for this book?

No, and no.

-Roy