Subject: (urth) passing the baton

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <ranjit at moonmilk.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:02:44 +0000

I've been hosting the urth mailing list (formerly whorl) for ten years
now (!), and I'm afraid that for most of that time, I haven't been
able to give it the attention it deserves.  The archives are clunky
and the wiki project is still just a dream.  So I'd like to find a
successor to take over management of the list -- preferably someone
with the skills and interest to improve the web site, and the
commitment to keep the list going for another ten years at least.  If
you're interested, please contact me.

- ranjit

---

From: Matthew King <automatthew at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:04:35 +0000

Count me interested.  I've worked with Mailman, run a Linux VPS, and  
develop web apps during the day.

Matthew King

On Nov 10, 2006, at 12:02 PM, Ranjit Bhatnagar wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net

---

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <ranjit at moonmilk.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:39:50 +0000

And you don't think you'd get sick of taking care of the mailing list
and web site after a year or two?  :)  Admittedly, it hasn't been much
work for me lately, but that's partly because I've ignored the calls
for a wiki and complaints about the poor search facilities and the
disjoint between older and newer archives!

In the short term, if you take over, I think it would be easiest if I
arrange for you to get administrative access to the listserv and web
site on the current host (dreamhost.com).  Eventually, if you wanted,
you could move it to your own host or take ownership of the account on
dreamhost.

- Ranjit