Subject: (urth) urth Digest, Vol 32, Issue 21

From: Steven <mcquaryq at comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:46:27 +0000

high school -- I absorbed a number of his books like they were  
oxygen.  And Player Piano was part of the AP curriculum.  I remember  
most fondly the God Bless You, Mr. R, Cat's Cradle period the best.   
In later years I thought he'd become a terrible bore, esp. about the  
Dresden bombing.  He's entitled to his opinion, having lived through  
it, but I don't think it was emblamatic of the Allies aims during  
that incredible apocalyptic holocaust.

On Apr 12, 2007, at 10:18 PM, urth-request at lists.urth.net wrote:

>
> I'm still digesting the news to offer any cogent comments.  There  
> has  been
> some discussion of his passing in the Patrick O'Brian mail group to  
> which I
> belong.
>
>
> Bruce  Trinque

Steven

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20070413/475e574e/attachment.htm

---

From: Recursive Loop <recursive_loop at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:49:19 +0000

I've enjoyed several of Kurt V's works--Player Piano, SL-5--but at some point became highly
unenchanted. So it goes.

FPK3

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com