Subject: (urth) Madame Serpentina's computer code- Free Live Free

From: Maclean Jessica <jessica.maclean at nzpost.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 22:27:33 +0000

Hi guys

Having just re-read Free Live Free, I was again intrigued by the
mysterious code Madame Serpentina enters on her computer, quite early on
in the book. After some research I have discovered that the main text
that is repeated "INRI ADAM Te DAGERAM AMRTET ALGAR ALGASTNA" is taken
from a Rembrandt painting entitled "Faust". Although no "official"
explanation or translation is provided (by Rembrandt or anyone else), I
found an obscure website which suggested that INRI ADAM Te DAGERAM
AMRTET ALGAR ALGASTNA is an anagram of ADAM ETMERADAG (Adam and
Michael/Mordecai, guardians to the spiritual realm,) and Tetragram Graal
Satan (God, Grail, Satan, no further explanation given). The story of
Faust has two main versions- Marlowe's is that of a doomed Faust who
makes a pact with the devil in order to acquire occult knowledge, while
Goethe's Faust is eventually redeemed. 

So Serpentina is a Faust figure.... I guess a Goethe Faust as it appears
she is redeemed in the end. Has anyone learned anything else about the
code, or the meaning of other words?

Jessica 
This email with any attachments is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  
If it is not intended for you please reply immediately, destroy it and do not copy, disclose or use it in any way. 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20070705/b939ccd9/attachment.htm