Subject: (urth) Just finished re-reading the Wizard

From: John Sweeney <jtsween at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:55:36 +0000

And like all of Wolfe's work, it's that much more satisfying the second time
around.   Any word on our National Treasure following up with anything in
that series?

The end (although it's one of those "the tale goes ever on" endings) sure
looks like he had more to say about the Seven Worlds....

Best to all,

John in Louisville
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20070716/3f5e369c/attachment.htm

---

From: Allan Anderson <rubel at goosemoon.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:50:20 +0000

John Sweeney wrote:
> And like all of Wolfe's work, it's that much more satisfying the 
> second time around.   Any word on our National Treasure following up 
> with anything in that series? 
>
> The end (although it's one of those "the tale goes ever on" endings) 
> sure looks like he had more to say about the Seven Worlds....
>  

I liked the end, and several other bits such as the tourney, but my 
strongest memory of The Wizard comes from waiting for Able to stop 
talking about the tedious details of Jotun courtly life. I guess I'll 
give it another read later, but maybe after I've finished a few other 
unread Wolfe books :)