Subject: (urth) Urth Digest, Vol 37, Issue 2

From: Matthew Groves <matthewalangroves at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 03:36:47 +0000

Mo wrote:
> I wonder whether Island of Doctor Death in particular represents a
> playing-out of tension in Wolfe's influences between Wells and Lewis.

I haven't read enough Wells to speak to that, but I do think that
"tIoDDaOS" is a love note to them both.

Rostrum wrote:
> You're not the only one who has seen connections between Wolfe and
> Lewis.  One particular standout to me that I wrote about on the list a
> while back is this scene from Perelandra:
> snip <

I did see your post in the archives, and I had the exact same reaction
to that moment in Perelandra: flashing on Silk's "I am the help."

Matt G.

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:52:06 +0000

> "tIoDDaOS" is a love note to them both.

I've never seen Lewis in "Dr Death," but have always seen it as a
paean to Wells and Edgar Rice Burroughs.

-- 
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer
http://www.danehyoakes.com
I am miserable, he is miserable,
We are miserable.
Can't we have a party? Would he rather have a party?