Subject: (urth) Borges' Language Use

From: C R Culver <crculver at aol.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 03:26:11 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

<Borges was fluent in English, at least
conversationally, if I remember correctly?>

Yes, but in a biography about him, written by a close friend of his, whose
name I don't recall, said that although he was very fluent in English, it was
Spanish writing that he labored to perfect.

Christopher R. Culver <crculver at aol.com>
http://members.aol.com/crculver/index.html
------------------------------------------------
"Ignorance, that light of fools steers a wayward path"
-Brendan Perry

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Pedro Jorge Romero <bempjr at redkbs.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 06:25:14 +0000

> Spanish writing that he labored to perfect.

Emir Rodriguez Monegal? Borges a Literary Biography?

Best

Pedro Jorge

---

From: C R Culver <crculver at aol.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 18:58:29 +0000

Pedro Jorge said:
>Emir Rodriguez Monegal? Borges a Literary Biography?<

That's the one.