Subject: (urth) Geoff Tantalos!

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 21:34:00 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

Reply:  Item #0244852 from URTH at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET#

All right--Geoff comes through! (Somebody from "here" got through to
"there" and came back.)

Re: Timeline of 1000 to 2000 years in the future--great!  Let's try
it out and see what we get.  (For starters, that period isn't in the
zodiacal age of Pisces, so figure the spring equinox in Aquarius;
star positions will not be as radically different from our own as
would be the case in other models we've been considering; if 2000
years from today, then each post-historical epoch could reduce down
to a "shrimpy" chiliad, i.e., one thousand years each; and so on.)

Re: more inhum(a/i?) on the Whorl.  Ha!  Ha!  Well, that takes a load
off of Quetzal's shoulders. <g>

=mantis=

P.S. Geoff, no pressure or anything, but when are you going to
complete the next stage (CLAW) of your character index?  I hope you
haven't given up!

=m=